The Business Development Manager role entails promoting our logistics solutions to clients and prospects to support their supply chain needs. The potential candidate will be the point of contact between TASS and our clients.
Responsibilities for the Business Development Manager
- Develop a plan to drive sales.
- Research and recommend prospects for new business opportunities.
- Stay current with trends and competitors to identify improvements or recommend new products.
- Responsible for carrying out prospecting calls.
- Establish and manage relationships with potential customers.
- Consistently maintain positive interactions with clients in order to nurture customer relationships.
- Take ownership of customer issues and follow-through till resolution.
- Represent the company in building relationships with shippers, carriers and other stakeholders.
- Education: A minimum of a bachelor’s degree or equivalent professional qualification in sales and marketing.
- Experience: Minimum of three plus years of experience in logistics and supply chain with a proven record of sales success.
- Knowledge: Applicant must have a good understanding of sales concepts, methods, and techniques. Must also have industry knowledge and trends.
- Interpersonal skills: The candidate must be able to develop strong business relationships within all levels of the company and with clients (potential and existing).
- Computer skills: Microsoft Office applications especially excel, word and power point. Candidate must be willing to learn new programs and logistics applications.
- Communication skills: The candidate must have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Time management and ability to multitask: The candidate must be able to schedule their daily activities including customer visits in an optimal manner and multitask.
- Team player: It is important that the candidate can work and contribute to a team-oriented environment.
- Negotiation skills: Candidate has the ability to negotiate and take a position that confers maximum benefit to the company.